Winter Wonderland

Just when we thought we were finished with winter, we woke up on Friday to everything covered in snow.  It was hard to get upset considering the destructive earthquakes and tsunamis in other parts of the world.   I took this opportunity to stay cozy under my mohair throw and knit like the wind.  And wouldn't you know it, I finished my cardigan, and then I spent an insane amount of hours seaming the pieces together and weaving in the gazillion ends on Sunday.   So I'm giving myself a well-deserved break, and I've cast on a simple stockinette sock with some pretty striped Black Lamb fingering weight superwash wool.  It's my first and most favourite sock yarn.  And I'm wearing my cardigan today.  It's so warm and toasty.  LOVE.

I have a few days of work this week and then a long weekend in store for me.   I've planned some 'making' and a trip to the sugar bush for pancakes and syrup.  MMmmmm . . .  Fingers crossed that no one gets sick.

Happy Monday!
N

8 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm posting pics today of the craziness that was Friday. But I agree, it's so hard to feel upset about it when things are so much worse elsewhere.

I think the Aidez would be the end of me in all honesty. It is soooo gorgeous, but I might have to pass on it for now. The idea of all that seeming makes my head spin. I'm a simple kind of girl, you know? I like a challenge...but don't want to kill myself afterwards. :)

'Making'...can't wait. And...we are doing the sugar bush this weekend too. Might be seeing you more than just Friday. Hope you can handle it. :) xo

LaurieM said...

I hate to complain, but where is the pic of you wearing the cardigan? You tease! It looks quite beautiful flat...

Tara said...

The cardigan is beautiful and I think you are well deserving of a stockinette sock. We have a trip to the sugar bush planned for this week too. You really can't have pancakes and maple syrup too often.

Gigi said...

Such a beautiful snow photo! We wish we got more snow here, but we have such a mild winter -- hardly any at all most years. We're already well into a beautiful Spring here, but soon we'll be sweltering through 100+ temp days and envying you folks who live in cooler parts of the country.
Your Aidez looks beautiful. I've got it in my faves (along with about a million other things ;), and your socks are looking very sweet.

OzB said...

Your sweater is awesome in person N :-) Great job!

Pie for the Eye said...

Beautiful sweater, looks toasty! Perfect for this lovely (cold) spring weather we're having.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

We went (Sean & I) with his class to the sugar shack last Friday. It was a good time! (Fattening though!)

Love the snow photo!

Moon Goddes necklace said...

Such a beautiful sweater!