Best Blueberry Muffins

As promised, I have what I believe is the bestest blueberry muffin recipe I've ever baked.  I found it in a James Barber (LOVED that guy!) recipe book that is no longer available in print, and I've tweaked it a bit to my liking. 

Blueberry Muffins

1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Mix dry:
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
dash of cinnamon

Mix wet:
1/3 cup orange juice
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 egg

Mix the two together being careful not to overstir, and fold in 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries.  Spoon into lightly oiled muffin tins, sprinkle a little sugar over top, and bake in a 400F/200C oven for 15-20 minutes.  Take out of pans immediately, and cool on racks.  Makes 12 muffins. Enjoy!

N

2 comments:

OrangeHeroMama said...

Ooohhh! i don't have any plain yogurt..wonder if vanilla would be okeedoke..i imagine so..cause this sounds YUMMMMY! :)

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Oh, those look delicious. I'm sitting here drooling at the screen.

Must make those. And I have blueberries in the house. Must buy flour tomorrow.