The Revival of the Newfie Mitten

I spontaneously bought a skein of wild green hand-dyed dk weight superwash wool from Kata last Friday night, and I spent all day Saturday cruising Ravelry for a mitten pattern that would showcase it best. Just as fatigue was settling in and I was about to give up my search, it dawned on me that I had the perfect pattern at my fingertips – the flippin’ Newfie Mittens!!! Instead of using two colours, I would just use the wild green. El loves the mittens and has claimed them most willingly. That was the quickest and funnest knit ever! Just sayin’.

N
Oh, and as for that wool, there's no more of that wild green, but you can see Kata's other equally fabulous hand-dyed skeins in her etsy shop!

12 comments:

Salihan said...

That is such a happy green! I wish Australia get cold enough in winter to wear mittens. Those look great!

c.Rachel said...

Looks great! Need to knit [try to at least] a mitten this year.

OzB said...

Totally awesome N :-) Glad that Ella loved them.

Kata is so talented. I love the skein of sock yarn I bought from her!

Margaret said...

Fun reading obout your fun knit! Great wild green. Mitt is gorgeous.

knitty_kat said...

What a talented Mum that E chick has!

Debbie said...

Oh! I love them! and the fabulous green!

:-D

Scrappymom said...

oooooohhhh these are sooo gorgeous! and i love the green too! I WANT! I WANT!!! :D

kataish said...

Hello dear, they look fantastic! Lovelovelove them. :D

Lupie said...

Such a beautiful design!
You are the reason I wanted to start the Lessern Known Skeins.

Katherine said...

Where have I been? Love those mittens and I need to go queue them immediately. : )

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Love those Newfie mittens! They are awesome!!

karen young said...

Dumb question.. When you knit these mitts with the double pointed needles, do you use all 4 of them. The pattern I am using says to knit in the round for the cuff, but I am not sure how I do this. Thanks, Karen