Pebble


This one has been off the needles for over a month now.  I was slow to sew on the buttons and mailing it off to Quebec.  This is the day she opens all of the gifts her blog friends sent, so it should be safe to post today.  I love this pattern.  It really is simple and quick, and I used a smidgeon more than one 50g ball of dk-weight wool.  All the deets are on ravelry here.

As for what's happening on the homefront, I'm sitting on school council, volunteering in a newcomer youth program teaching needlecraft, playing indoor soccer, madly knitting gifts, cooking up applesauce, baking bread, and slow-cooking some spicy tomato soup - not all at the same time.   I've made some big decisions recently - wear more sweatpants and build a caring community.  I'm really into the sweats.  It was I all I could do today to not drive to the store for more sweats.  I wonder if it's a cold weather thing.  I wish I could wear them to the office.  Could you picture me sitting in on Board meetings wearing sweatpants and a hoodie all curled up and cozy recording the minutes?  It would be my luck that it would end badly like the time George got the security guard a rocking chair.

Ooh, I nearly forgot. Mr. J and I went out this week to see a concert at the Aeolian.  This never happens.  We never go out.  We like to be in our jammies by 8 p.m.  We're pretty boring.  However, I was able to pick up some tickets for cheap while also giving to charity, so I youtubed some of the upcoming performers, and I stumbled upon this video.

I fell in love instantaneously.  One of the musicians in the ensemble is the lead singer of The Weakerthans, and I didn't even know this until after I got home.  Apparently I was already in love with this band, and I didn't even know it.  See, I have this friend who makes me mixes - fabulous mixes - without liners.  I have no idea what I'm listening to EVER!  It's weird and brilliant at the same time.   There's a lot of music out there that I absolutely adore, and I haven't a clue what it is.

Speaking of jammies, I think I'll go get mine on, grab a cup of tea, and settle on the sofa with some knitting.

N

2 comments:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Oh! Is that what is in the package that I received from you!?? I haven't opened it yet. I was told to wait a few more days, (I was given a list - but just over half have arrived, so I was told to wait a few more days until a few more arrive).

It's really cute - thank you!!! Baby Boy will look so cute in it! Thank you so much for taking the time to make that for him. He's going to love it! xo

And I will absolutely take pictures of him in it when he fits into it!

LJ said...

Yay for more sweatpants! For me it's just an ugly brown "house sweater" that I sometimes accidentally wear out in public. Your post inspires me to really learn to knit- one day!