A birthday for Francis

This is the very delicious cake that my husband made for me on Friday for my birthday. Can you believe that the man made a cake, complete with vanilla frosting and sheep and flower decorations? Ok, so I had pre-made the sheep and flowers for a previous cake project but he had the insight to put them on the cake. It tasted as good as it looks. I have since demanded that I get this cake every year.
I also finished the Francis Revisited sweater about a week ago. I still need to block it but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. I modified the sleeves and made them longer and omitted the increases and made the cowl more of a turtleneck. Knit out of Cascade Eco wool, this thing will keep me toasty during this seemingly endless winter. Now I am working on a Long Rabbit amigurumi, which was one of the many birthday gifts that N sent to me. I adore this pattern and plan on making a herd of rabbits, which apparently is what a group of rabbits is called.

9 comments:

Salihan said...

Happy belated birthday! Do you realise that your birthday cake is the same colour as your sweater? :) By the way, good job on the cake, T's hubby! Happy crocheting! -me@salihan.com

~RaenWa~ said...

Happy belated birthday your husband did a great job on the cake. I love your sweater especially the neck it came out great.

C. said...

omg. I know where you live. I'm coming to steal that sweater.

And a piece of cake.

C. said...

*laughing at myself*
There are 2 of you posting on the same blog!!!????

Wonder how many other comments I've made that didn't make any sense.

lol

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

I believe there is some paranormal activity happenin' behind the cake. I'm a'scared.

knitty_kat said...

Congrats on both the sweater and cake! =D
Happy Belated!

Lupie said...

Hope you had a great Birthday.
Your Guy is a keeper!
Love the sweater and the changes you made for the neck look great.

Anonymous said...

What flavour was the cake???

I made myself one last weekend - chocolate, and one this weekend - peach schnapps...OK, not just for me, but for family & friends too!
heidi

Adrian said...

You did a really nice job on this. Love the collar.