How the Tomten Got Its Stripes

I have five balls of Patons Classic Merino in a dark peacock-y teal, and the Bee declared it absolutely perfect for the Tomten jacket.   Alas, the garter stitch has been gobbling up what I had confidently decided would be plenty of yardage for a 7-year old-sized garment.  And to be honest, it was getting a bit boring.  I wanted a little dazzle.  I dug up some worsted-weight scraps, and I went to work trying to keep it random but in a very planned way.  I like how it turned out.  The Bee only insisted that there be pink, and I made certain that all the stripes met her approval.   From here on in, I will be sticking to the peacock.  Or sticking it to the peacock.

N

5 comments:

Lori said...

Wow! I would never have thought of the colors you chose together but they look awesome! Good eye! I love the random/planned look you achieved.

Sue said...

I really love how you have added different stripes and the colors all seem to work well together too.

Lupie said...

I have 4 Tomtens made in different sizes for future Grandbaby but you have inspires me to start another.

knitty_kat said...

I haven't even finished my first EZ project. knitter down! knitter down!!

Oh well, I figured you were gonna cream me on this anyway!

Montreal Mama said...

Nice colors!