Road Trip

Unfortunately I won't be up at the Market this Sunday knitting with my posse because the girls and I are going on a road trip to another market - Newmarket! Ladies, if you're out there reading, remember to pester the Tea Haus staff in my absence. Em and I tried the "But you let us take our tea to the end of the balcony last time!" in an annoying whine, and it worked last week. I'm just saying, that's all. I have some great shots of Dora the Explorer and the Town Crier, too, if anyone wants me to share. This is my knitting and my much-too-far-away tea.

I've made some slow progress - I now have one baby orange Koigu sock and one adult-sized Charade sock. I love how both turned out despite the square and snippy toe of the Charade. I purposely did not take a picture of the Charade that showcased the dang toe. It's rather embarassing as Isa tried to tell me that I was leaving too many stitches to graft, and I stubbornly refused to listen to reason because I would not stray from how the pattern read. It screams square toe. Isa tried to console me by saying that some people have square toes, but I don't think they're anything like this! That Isa is a true friend.


Well, I'm off to pack. I picked up some awesome movies from the library, and I am so stoked to sit down and watch them! We're going to stay up late watching foreign films, eat cinnamon buns and chocolate by the bowlful, knit and sew as if we were really crafty, go thrifting and antiquing, and just laugh like it's 1992! I am looking forward to the skinny latte with which I plan to treat myself tomorrow morning as we head out onto the highway.

And T, one last birthday treat for you - check out this new video from our dear sweet Hawksley. It's cheesy, but in all the right ways.

N

4 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

Oooh - I love that Koigu! Delicious!

Katherine said...

That is one cute baby sock. Your weekend sounds wonderful! I can't wait to see the pictures. But what's Newmarket? Is that part of Toronto?

PS: I think you do, in fact, qualify as "really crafty." : )

~RaenWa~ said...

I hope you have a great weekend I passed on an award for you two on my blog stop by when you get a chance

OzB said...

Oh that horrid Isa - shameless "know it all" [lol]. Square toes indeed! Whoever heard of someone with square toes .... on the other hand the sock is called "charade" [lol].

Let's hope that Isa chick get's vegemite all over HER non-square toe sock!