A Day Without Sunshine is Like Night

Introducing the Chickadee Cowl in all of its linen-stitch glory! I used a teensy bit more than one skein of geranium Patons SWS, but one would have been sufficient – I just like to lengthen everything because I have long legs. I know that makes no sense as it is intended strictly for my neck, but I have a complex regarding my long legs, so everything longer in my mind is gravy. Now it makes sense, right?

I really like this cowl. I think my one lonely skein of Noro Silver Thaw might be the perfect yarn for this quick and simple project. I know I proclaimed 2008 the year of the sock, and the year of the frog, but I think the cowl is up there too! That’s not to say that I am throwing scarves to the wind because I am still working madly on my lace ribbon scarf, but cowls will be my go-to for quick, simple gifts this year. Yes, I am already in Christmas mode with my knitting. You have to be – everything takes so darn long to knit! I’m on my game!

N

1 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

I totally want to make a cowl now!