World Wide Knit In Public Day

I was checking out the World Wide Knitting In Public Day website, and I noticed that the closest event involved over three hours of driving, so I found some knitters interested in gathering here in London on Saturday, June 14. We will be gathering in Victoria Park from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the north end of the park along Central Avenue under the trees. Weather permitting – in that case, bring an umbrella!

So please, please join us, and bring your lawnchairs or blankets for seating, your own drinks and snacks, your camera, and your knitting of course. Slather on your sunscreen! The International Food Festival will be in full swing, so there will be gads of people and a ton of delicious food!

A bunch of us are also bringing with us some scrap yarn and old knitting needles, and a sign will be posted offering to teach anyone who is interested in learning to knit. We will be accepting donations for My Sister’s Place – a transitional support centre for women who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. I think we have a lot of scraps, but if anyone has some old needles to donate, by all means, bring them along with you.

I've been busy making knitting needles using this book to bring with me to the park. So far I've made four pairs. They're easy to make, but I am not loving the sanding part. I need to step up production because I've got a little over a week left to go. Wish me luck!

N

1 comments:

kataish said...

Nadine, if you PM me instructions on how to make the needles, I could likely make a few pairs as well, after getting some supplies.

I pretty much know cut the dowel, sand, and then what? use a pencil sharpener to get the point? What do you put on the end?

I'm so excited for this!