Hang ups

A couple of weeks ago I attended a housewarming party of a friend of mine who moved in just a few blocks away from us. Her house is small and cute and all hers, which is fantastic. Upon touring the home and ending in her bedroom I noticed how she had stored her jewelry, necklaces in particular. I am always getting my necklaces tangled so I end up laying them out all over the top of my dresser. Effective for not getting them tangled but not so tidy looking. So over the long weekend I grabbed an old cork board that I had stored away in the basement, cut a length of fishing line and bought a pack of picture hangers et voila---necklace storage!
I added the ribbon at the top for decoration and it hides the fishing wire that is used to hang the cork board. There's plenty of room for more necklaces and the beauty of the cork board is that you can rearrange it at any time.

5 comments:

Pie for the Eye said...

What a great idea!

Lupie said...

This is perfect for me to store and show off all the beautiful necklaces my daughter has made me.

Lori said...

Oh what a great idea! Now to find suitable items to borrow your idea... :)

Montreal Mama said...

Great idea!! Love it.

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

Another bulletin board came up for the taking, and this time I GRABBED it!! Now off to find more necklaces . . .

N