Oops.

I've discovered an excellent reason to photograph my knitted works in progress.  Lately it's been the only indication that I have gone drastically astray from the pattern.  This scarf is no exception.  It's pretty, right?  The pattern is very easy.  It's only two rows.  I started out on the right track, but I noticed from the pictures, that the scarf was getting narrower and the rows were no longer as tall.  I consulted the pattern again, and I discovered that I was to repeat the two rows twice before alternating the yarn.   You can see that I began the scarf doing just that, but about halfway I switched to alternating only two rows of merino with only two rows of mohair.  And rather than rip it out, I've concluded that this narrow little section will become a design element.  I'm lazy like that.  It actually doesn't bother me.  It reminds me of a nice evening over the Christmas holidays spent with my knitting friends, and how I paid more attention to my company than to my knitting.  There are worse things than that I suppose.  Now if it was to be a gift, I suppose I might consider starting over, but that is not to be the case. :)   As an aside, that mohair is a pain to knit.   Bleh.

N

5 comments:

Lori said...

So pretty! I love the colors. And, I love your solution for the problem. Design element it is!

Unknown said...

Wow... that is just so pretty. I love it. Mistakes and all.

knitty_kat said...

You know, when you get to the other end you could do the same thing. Like continue the way you have been and at the other end do the double.

Does that make any sense?

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

So pretty. Reminds me of evergreens with snow at the branch tips.

Montreal Mama said...

It looks nice knitted up!