We were making more gnomes to add to our collection when I soon realized that the glue was not adhering properly. So gnome-making stalled, and the outdoors beckoned to us to strip off our jammies and get dressed. A walk to the park was in order. And when we were finished with that park, we headed to another park. We're park hoppers. I think this would make a sweet rapping ditty. Later.
Let's get this over. Here is my February Square Blanket - the third project in the EZ throwdown. I used Bernat Cashmere (which is a blend of a teensy bit cashmere and mega acrylic). I started with 8 stitches, then I doubled those stitches, and then I did 8 increases every two rows. This was great tv knitting, and when I thought it was big enough, I did about an inch of seed stitch while continuing to increase, and then I cast off. It's soft and cuddly and perfect for a doll blanket. If I did this pattern again, I would use wool and a bigger needle. It'd make a great car seat blanket for a baby too. That crazy dimple-y pucker going on in the middle is driving me batty. Must. Look. Away.
PS. I thought it was cute this morning when I looked in the Bee's knapsack and saw four giant scrolls with her name written very large and our phone number tied with ribbons. I no longer thought it was cute after thirteen four hundred giggly random phone calls.