Our Foray Into Embroidery

The littlest and I went to a free embroidery workshop last night at the library.  The project was to make a mini pin cushion, and our very sweet and patient teachers were a group of ladies from the Canadian Embroiders Guild.  About halfway through, the Bumblebee declared rather loudly, "This is not as boring as I thought it would be!"  In fact had it not been past her bedtime when we returned home, I'm certain that she had enough interest and energy to whip up ten more!   To give you a sense of the size, the base is simply the lid of a water bottle.  They're very little.  We think they would also be great for cupcakes for her teddy bears or stools for her polly pockets.

N

P.S.  Do you have ten seconds to spare?  I did, and I made some of this nifty gardener's scrub.  And then I dragged my little jar to work and showed it off to anyone who would listen.  I think that some of them were seriously wowed.

4 comments:

knitty_kat said...

I know you've said you were lacking in hand sewing skills and all, but that B is a genius. Maybe she can teach you a few tricks?

;p

Pie for the Eye said...

Those are adorable! Sounds like you had lots of fun.

I belong to the CEG, it's not just embroidery but fibre/textile art as well. Our open house is coming up soon, you should stop by and check it out!

http://ceglondon.com/Events.htm

Alesha Walls said...

Those are so cute!

Montreal Mama said...

That is so cute that you got to do that with the littlest. Such a great activity! I wish they had that here!