Fifteen

The eldest turned 15.  Over the last few weeks I've been practicing saying I have a 15-year old, but it still sounds crazy today even though now it is real.  I don't think anything can really prepare you for parenting a teen.  She's much closer to being an adult than being a child.  It's amazing to watch her spread her wings a little more each day.  She's pretty responsible.  She's very likable.  She can be very serious, and she can be very funny.  She also has raging hormones.  She is a teenager after all.  It comes with the territory. :)

Unfortunately she also has the flu.   Spending the day in bed with a sore belly wasn't exactly what she wanted, but there's always next weekend.

Here's to another year of growing and learning and coping and cracking jokes.

N

2 comments:

LaurieM said...

Ye gods! I have a sixteen and fourteen year old. I fail to see much adult behavior in either of them. I have faith that it will happen. Perhaps it is sneaking in when I'm not looking...

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Happy 15th! Wow, a 15 year old!