High Winds



Fun times are being had in these parts.  The Bumblebee is writing a book about a monster with smelly feet, and that there drawing is a town meeting to brainstorm some solutions 'cause all the 'sunlight' super power flowers are wilting from the toxic fumes.  We've come up with an ending, but each page she writes takes us farther from that predetermined destination.   Needless to say, it's going to take more time than I thought to wrap this ditty up.

Thankfully the girls and I have the next two days to hang out and enjoy each other's company.  I plan to wear lots of sweats, knit up a storm, drink pots of tea, and do a little early spring tidying.  What I am really looking forward to is an event on Tuesday morning that I am co-organizing for work with Glen Pearson's office.  Senator Art Eggleton will be presenting his report In from the Margins: A Call to Action on Poverty, Housing and Homelessness at the Wolf Performance Hall.  Doors open at 8:30 a.m., it's free, and there's no registration required to attend.  I'm stoked because this is exactly what I was seeking in my resolution-making - getting involved and building a caring community.   I just hope that I keep it together and don't cry.  When I get passionate about anything, I get really blubbery and unintelligible.  Everyone deserves a roof over their head, enough food to eat, and respect.  We live in a country that is incredibly rich with resources.  If one person is in need, we are all diminished.  If only this was as easy as solving some freaky malodorous toe jam.

N

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cried just reading about your passion. I agree wholeheartedly; shelter, food and respect are essential. They are what makes us feel whole, in part at least.

I so wish I could be there. What a worthwhile cause and I am all for building a community that cares and supports each other. Good job, N. <3

xo
Debbie

ps - What's wrong with a little toe jam?

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend.

Tara said...

Her book makes me laugh and your passion make me cheer. It's seems odd that in our country we should have to argue for each person having a home when more homes seem to being built each day. Good luck Tuesday morning.