Knitting Faster

The Ptarmigan cowl is finished - blocked and ready to be gifted.  The recipient I have in mind has felted many of my knitted gifts to her, so this puppy knit in a soft superwash wool will be absolutely perfect.  Since this came off the needles, I've knit two Early Morning Berets, and I've cast on a sleeve for the Aidez cardigan.  It's imperative that I find my cable needle.

Of course, I'm still plugging away at the Featherweight Cardigan, but a girl can take only so much stockinette before she pulls her hair out.  I've paused to wind another Malabrigo lace cake.  Isn't that pretty?

Today is a snow day, so I'm home with the girls.  I have a little bit of office work to do, but at some point I must sew up some hearts like this.   My windows need them. :)   It's also a potato leek soup and artisan bread day.  Mmmm . . .

Listening to this over and over and being reminded of wolf blankets-slash-curtains:


Keep warm!
N

4 comments:

LaurieM said...

My family is all home today too, but it's a regular work day for me. One of the downsides of working from home is that there are no holidays for snow days.

Your cowl is very pretty. Looks like fun. I haven't been working on my stockinette behemoth either. zzzzz...

Anonymous said...

Snow day? Seriously? DH had to go to work. Boo! I was unimpressed with the storm. Where is all the snow? :) The winds, on the other hand, kept me up all night.

I love that cardigan. Might need to make that. I'm currently working on an eyelet cap from Vogue Knitting. It's requires much more attention than the standard stockinette fare. I'll post it when I'm done. :)

Knit and Purl Mama said...

That Malabrigo lace colorway is gorgeous. Can't wait to see it knitted up. Can't wait to see your cardigan done. Love the cowl - like I said before, I totally want to get that pattern, it's so pretty!

WildflowerWool said...

Love the cowl!!