Pledge Handmade

I pledge to buy handmade this holiday season with the exception of books and technology as I live with geeks. I have some ideas for some of my family and friends, and what I can't create myself, I will turn to etsy and holiday bazaars. And this isn't the naturally-born thrift in me speaking, because I know that the true cost of making gifts by hand always costs more than buying mass-produced items in a superstore. I am very aware of this fact today because I am wearing my NEW completely finished pair of knitted socks today!! You read that right. I finished up my socks last night, and I wore them to work this morning. I took off my shoes countless times to twirl up and down the corridors while encouraging my co-workers to pet and compliment my beautiful socks. They did a very convincing act of caring. God bless them. :)

Next up - some plain socks using my Black Lamb sock yarn I bought at the Kitchener-Waterloo Knitter's Fair! I love these colours!

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. The girls and I plan to be very lazy and loaf around until inspiration and stirrings of creativity strike.

N

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Those are beautiful colors. But no sock pictures?

I love the idea of a handmade holidays. I don't think I could pull it off this year, although we are going almost all wood for the kids this year.

Montreal Mama said...

I LOVE those colors!