Labour Day at the Lake

She wrote with feathers in the sand.  Mostly her name and initials all over the beach.  Kat and I set up some chairs and knit the best we could with the wind whipping about us.  It was the perfect way to spend the last day of summer.  School starts up again tomorrow.  Have I ever mentioned my dislike for packing lunches?   Oh well, I'll always have Saturdays and Sundays.
It looks like she has feathers up her noodle.  By the way, I was silently screaming inside my head about how dirty those feathers were, but the doodle is still alive and well.

I can not believe how anxious I am about the oldest heading to high school tomorrow.  That's super big.  I have to stop thinking about it.  It's making me old, grey and wrinkled.

N

4 comments:

Pie for the Eye said...

We spent the day at the beach today too. I wonder if we were at the same one? Love the pictures, she's adorable.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

I find feathers to be so nasty & gross too...! I'd be screaming right there with you! I hope she disinfected herself right away afterwards! LOL

Good luck with high school tomorrow!

The beach looks like a nice day. I wish we had beaches around here.

LaurieM said...

It's my youngest's first day of high school today and he's so excited, he couldn't sleep. He was up at 4:30. You'd think it was Christmas!

The eldest is going into grade 11 and he's all blase about it.

knitty_kat said...

I was sort of wonder why your head didn't essplode all over the beach when she was fondling those feathers. Good job!