Pictures of a Picture





I can't believe the amount of work that went into this picture.  When I saw it at the bottom of a Goodwill heap, there was no question in my mind that it was meant to be mine.  I love those little golden knots and every single whipstitch on this loosely woven canvas.   Unfortunately it isn't framed, but I can fix that, or maybe I'll just tighten it up on a new board as it's gotten a little saggy.  I was picturing it hung up in my craft nook, but visitors would have to descend into the basement to admire it.  :)  And I think this sort of stuff needs to be oohed and ah-ed tout le temps.  Perhaps I will incorporate it into my autumnal decorating of the mantle.  I confessed to friends over the weekend that I had a whole dresser drawer full of branches, pods and pinecones from last year, so I'm pretty much all set.  I hope that came off as normal behaviour.

N

5 comments:

inkberryblue said...

Yup, sounds like normal behaviour to me! (I like having gum tree nuts in my car for decoration. =>) I'm so glad you've rescued this embroidery. I can't imagine throwing it out!!!! What a beautiful piece of work.

LaurieM said...

I like the red fluffs.

Those things are incredibly difficult to do neatly. Very nice work in that.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

I think that will look great wherever you decide to hang it!

OzB said...

Good save N :-)

knitty_kat said...

I feel fortunate that I've seen it in person - it's very impressive.