Knitting Pessimist

I always get excited when I find a pattern that I really want to knit and it's all I can think about until I can buy the yarn and cast on for it. Then my knitting pessimism sets in. I may do a gauge swatch and have all of the right equipment but I still question whether the project will be successful or not, especially when it comes to knitting a wearable garment. I get really wound up (excuse the pun) and measure whatever I'm working on about a million times. Does anyone else suffer from this?Over the weekend I casted on for the Drops cardigan. Here is the back piece, which has since been completed. Due to my knitting pessimism I bought cheaper yarn (Lion Brand Wool-ease Bulky in orange) , anticipating that if I fail on this project at least I didn't spend a small fortune on nice yarn. So far eveyrthing is going according to plan but I'm still measuring every few centimeters and I'm unsure whether I will even like the sweater once it's done. I know, I'm messed up. I think the only way to get over this fear of knitting faillure is to swatch, keep at it, oh, and swatch some more.

The Wheel of Fortune baby blanket it coming along. It's not as bright as I'd like (a little too much brown) but I'm considering doing a light pink crochet boarder around it once it's done. I'll have to figure out how to do a crochet boarder first though!

Hope spring has finally arrived in your part of the country because it sure hasn't here in Minnesota. Who has ever heard of snow in April? Sheesh.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I love that cardigan! But really now - you are a fabulous knitter. Why are you fretting?

Although that is the problem with the whole knitting thing: can't try it on until it's done. I knit lots of things that I don't love the look of on me, but then I don't call them failures. I call them stash.

Love the blanket too - beautiful.

~RaenWa~ said...

I love the coloring in your blanket its so pretty from what I have seen you knit you kick butt in knitting