Back to the Future

We're back! Thanks, T, for holding down the fort. I know I said I would still be around, but we were surprised to find out that our destination did not have wireless internet, and the only computer to be had was not as powerful as we are accustomed to. Yis, I ended that with a prep, but I am pooped. Honestly. We had so much fun being 'disconnected'. We spent an entire day at the Cleveland Zoo - we have 'bout 300 pics of that adventure. Another day was spent driving around Amish Country, and I bought the most beautiful handmade basket! Cleveland also has an amazing science centre right on the lakefront. Another awesome day. And we ate a ton of food. B ate only chicken tenders - we call them strips up here. I think my favourite day was Friday when Aunt Brenda and I found two local yarn shops across from each other within a few miles of her place. I thought I had died and went to heaven.
Speaking of dying and going to heaven, J and I thought it prudent to turn off the furnace while we were away, and we killed Tartar Charlie. Apparently you can starve a fish for a few days, but they can't take a little chill. We had J's 'rents drop by several times during the week, but they didn't notice the cold until it was too late. Tartar Charlie, you were a good fish, and we loved you, and we're sorry that we're kind of stupid when it comes to taking care of you. The good thing about this is we're good at learning from our mistakes, and hopefully when it's time to get a new fish, we will be vigilant about maintaining a comfortable temperature for the little guy. We pinky promise.
N

6 comments:

LaurieM said...

Glad to hear you had a nice vacation, but so sorry to hear about your fish. Those betas can have quite a bit of personality.

OrangeHeroMama said...

Awwww!!! Poor Tartar Charlie!!!

:)

OzB said...

Welcome home N. Sounds like you had a totally great holiday. The photos look just lovely. Sorry to hear about poor little Tartar Charlie. What kind of fish was he?

c.Rachel said...

Great photos! So glad you enjoyed your time. That "no internet" thing is a blessing sometimes. =)

Lupie said...

I've been to Amish Country and love it there.

Montreal Mama said...

Sorry to hear about your fish.

Looks like a nice trip/sounds like a nice trip. Love those pictures. I love yarn shopping in other cities as well!