Loose Ends


I've finished sewing up the seams of these cowls that were languishing in a pile, and they simply await recipients. El knit up the majority of these when I banned her from the tv and computer. Can you feel the resentment that has built up in each stitch? I'm sure she's simmered down since.

And seriously. This will be my last picture of flowers for a bit. I promise. It's getting tired, isn't it? But this one is special because that peony standing up in the vase right up front is the only one on its bush. It's a new bush I picked up late last year, so I had no idea what it looked like. Well holy moly mole. It's a smack of scrump-dilly-o-cious! I just needed some record of it, so here it is. Something to look forward to another year from now. I'm going to cross my fingers for three.

N

4 comments:

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

How much computer and tv time do you allow before banning? My kid has to read for however long he wants the computer, but usually only manages it in 15-30 minute increments. I haven't devised a good plan to keep him away from the tv yet, but the knitting thing might work, except that I don't want it to seem like a punishment which is how he's bound to see it.

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

BTW, love the flower pics. Don't stop.

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

Oh, Barbara! I wish I had a method, but she was probably banned each of those times/cowls for something she said which didn't go over well or for sitting at the computer for hours already. I sometimes lose track of her because she can be very quiet and make herself scarce. I really have to pry her off the screens, and she doesn't know what to do with herself. I usually give her some options. Knitting is perhaps one of the least physical which wins out most of the time. Hence a pile of cowls. :)

Montreal Mama said...

Those are some lovely colorful cowls! Yum!